Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Kinkakuji (Golden Pavillion)



Unlike dinner last night, our breakfast was served in a cafeteria.  







Traditional Japanese breakfast has lots of dishes!  





We had a pretty big breakfast before our tours in Kyoto.  

It takes 2 adults and 1 sister to feed me the very last bite of this delicious meal.





We found a hot bento bending machine right by the bus terminal.



Did you say there's a hot bento near here, sis?

Yes!  Come this way!!




What a beautiful day for a tour!

I think even the air is so much fresher than LA!




Nice!! (as in Marumo no Okite, the popular Japanese Family Drama)



We're gonna have so much fun just thinking about this tour!

Big sis, I think we'd better board the bus soon or they'll leave us behind.




The first stop is none other than....wait, what does it say?

I believe it said Kinkaku Rokuonji (Gold Pavillion). 




There is a big bell.




What a nice temple grounds.




Are we in one of those Samurai movie sets?




Look at the big yellow Orb in the middle of this picture!

Where?  I don't see it.  Maybe you have to be a Psychic like you to see it.  What a bummer...Oh wait, NOW I see it!





I don't know what this is, but it looks really old!



Finally!  This gotta be the Golden Pavillion!!



Wow, the reflection is also golden!!




Let's take the picture in front of it so people believe we actually visited this place!



This place somehow reminds me of "Spirited Away."

No comments: